Lactation consultants are dedicated to helping lactating parents, babies, and families through their breastfeeding journey. They support lactating parents in finding the best way to feed their baby with an emphasis in breastfeeding.
There are many situations a lactation consultant can help address:
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding problems.
- Latch-on difficulty.
- Sore/damaged nipples.
- Slow weight gain.
- No weight gain.
- Need for supplemental feedings.
- Milk supply concerns.
- Baby fussiness related to feedings.
- Plugged ducts/mastitis.
- Advice on breastfeeding equipment.
- Milk storage information.
- Returning to work while breastfeeding.
- Milk expression information.
Dr. Thompson decided to pursue lactation consulting after her own breastfeeding journey. Having had her own ups and downs with nursing, she wants to make sure ALL lactating parents feel supported. She nursed her twins for two years with a combination of exclusive breastfeeding, expressing/pumping milk, and supplementing with formula. She wants to help find what is best for you and your little ones!